Dorothy Moxley Speaks Out About Michael Skakel's Overturned Conviction

While Michael Skakel and his Kennedy relations are celebrating the recent decision by the Connecticut Supreme Court to overturn his 2002 murder conviction in the death of Martha Moxley, Martha's mother Dorothy is vowing to devoting the rest of her life to making sure that Skakel returns to prison. In an interview with Daily Mail Online, she stated "I was 43 years old when my Martha was murdered. I was 70 years old when her killer was convicted. I am going to be 86 in a month. Actually, half of my life has been spent on this case, and I guess I'll spend the rest of my life on it." She says she was floored by Court's decision and suspects that judges were heavily influenced by Skakel's cousin Bobby Kennedy Jr. Kennedy had written articles and a book insisting that Skakel was innocent.

Moxley says she has spoken to prosecutors since the Court's decision and they have told her that no decision has been made about whether Skakel should be retried. She believes that it's doubtful given that too much time has passed and too many witnesses are no longer alive. Her son, Michael, says that personally he hopes there is no retrial because of the stress that it would put on is mother. He does wonder, however, why Skakel would not want a retrial in which he could prove his innocence. As the Norwich Bulletin notes, there are several obstacles facing the prosecution if they do decide to retry the case.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Patton Oswalt to Discuss "I'll Be Gone In The Dark" in Sacramento and More True Crime Tidbits

Golden State Killer Suspect Makes Another Court Appearance; Warrant Details Expected to be Released This Friday

Unsolved Murder Roundup